Thursday, May 14, 2009

Piggy Bank


I finished glazing and firing the piggy bank in the last kiln load, and it had cooled enough to unload it today. Most of the wares turned out pretty well, including the piggy bank. The biggest problem was with a casserole I had made using two types of clay, which decided to crack down the middle - one for the scrap heap it seems! I like how the piggy bank turned out, so I will see if there is any interest in it this weekend at the Farmers Market, and if so I will make others similar in function, but maybe a little larger.

I wrote another EMF to Li, so hopefully I will hear back from her within a few days. I would like to be her friend if nothing else is possible, but prefer to at least try to find out why her parents object to our relationship. Maybe there is something I can do to help convince them differently... I need to know the reasons before I can even think about trying. I asked Li several questions in the letter - one being the reasons if she is willing to share them with me. The other very important question is if she is willing to try to help me convince them. Fingers are crossed!
Another run scheduled in the park for tomorrow afternoon with friends. I need to work my way up to running 3 times per week, and then our schedule for the summer is to run 10km on Fridays (that will be the third run of the week). Sounds painful!!!! Sure hope I can do it. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Carl , I'm glad that you give Li and yourself another chance . Do hope it is possible to change her Dad's mind with Li's help , which would be a big plus . Good Luck , eager to see the outcome myself .
    That Picky Bank came out great , looks very nice . Like the Color too , isn't blue the hardest color to do with Pottery ?

    ReplyDelete