Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Only friends...




Finally I heard back from Li, and it seems her parents will not be changing their minds about allowing us to have a relationship. So there it is... Li and I can only ever be friends. Perhaps, if the winds blow the right direction, I will get a chance to meet her someday. I would like that even if our destinations are not the same. I have a heavy heart now, and it seems hard to find things to smile about. This too will pass.
I think this dish expresses how I feel right now... the two colors of clay are the two different cultures forming the relationship... and the crack down the bottom is the parental decision we cannot bridge... and the tear in my heart.
I have some great ideas for a lot of new pottery to make, but it seems lately I'm not feeling enough motivation to bring them to fruition. Maybe after a good rest I will find my energy recharged. It is always darkest before the dawn, right? Now if I can only convince myself of that, I'll have it made.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Carl .
    Love is wonderful , but friendship's ARE the next best thing . Hang in there and you'll be alright . You'll be back like Hajo one day , with an even greater story to tell .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, Arnold. I must admit that I don't know what will happen next with Li... perhaps we will become good friends, or perhaps we will drift away from each other... the future lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete