Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Heard from Li


I received an EMF from Li yesterday morning. She has been keeping herself very busy working so that she doesn't have time to think about things. I think she is just as sad as I am at the situation. I still don't know the reasons her parents nixed the relationship. I'm wondering if perhaps Li and I are friends for a while that her parents might come around to letting us become more eventually... or am I only kidding myself? Li has not yet said why her parents said no either - it seems like she is avoiding the subject. I have been asking myself "Is it okay to ask her directly about this???".


I'm firing a load of glaze ware in the kiln today, and also want to make a few handmade ceramic piggy banks and I have my pottery class to teach tonight, so will be a busy day today. I have one sample piggy bank in the kiln being fired, but I'd like to make a few to see if they sell at the market. They are the kind of bank that has the little slot on the top to drop in the coins, with no other opening to take them out ... you know... the old style banks that were actually meant to be used to 'save' the money and have to be broken (or shaken A LOT) to get the coins out. I'll post a picture - hopefully that will help explain the look a little better. The body is actually thrown on the wheel, then turned on its side to make the bank. I sure hope the results will look good after the glaze firing.
As for the relationhip with Li, if nothing else, at least it looks like I have a friend... and certainly it is good to have many of those in life. And maybe if we get lucky, fate will smile upon us and it can still work out for more... who knows?

1 comment:

  1. Carl , you should ask Li straigth and direct , WHY ? I would , because I don't like to be left hanging with nowhere to go . Keeping her as a Friend ( like my two Sister's ) is still going against her Dad's will . So it can not develop into a great friendship ever . Get a good answer from Li , either Fix what her Dad does not like or move on , it is best for you . There are so many more wonderful Lady's , just waiting for a nice Man like you .

    ReplyDelete