Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pottery dip dishes, Pottery bowl set, Pottery Asian vases

Here are a few more photos of some of my recent works. I also have a glaze load in the kiln, so a few more hours of firing and hopefully - with luck and perhaps some charity from the fire gods - I will have some interesting pieces to show you soon. Ha ha!

The following are hand formed using a styrofoam box, then trimmed and decorated. The are meant to be used as dip dishes for serving condiments or snacks. Maybe three kinds of salsa for chips???
A closer look at the details of a second set, with slightly different glazes used. Not sure if I like this style yet... Suggestions are welcome as to changes that may help.

They are meant to sit into a tray (that I have yet to make), so I think they will look much better once I have the tray done. At least that is what I'm hoping!

The four brown bowls are a set I made recently. Seems I'm running out of bowls in the kitchen from time to time (dishwasher is lazy sometimes... yeah... that's right... me!) So wanted to have some bowls of a good size.



The above photo shows one of six Asian vases created recently. Each has its own style, and thus its own glaze combination. There is a flower frog that still needs to be glued into the bottom of each using waterproof glue.

The 'stars' on this one are filled with a reddish glaze.

There are carved lines radiating out from the center, and then some black glazed lines over the top... kind of a merry-go-round effect.

I call the above style my wheat carvings. Probably more like weed carvings, but I like how they turn out.

I think the deep dark colors of the above Asian vase will help to accentuate the flower it will hold, don't you?


This Asian vase took a while to carve, but the inlaid glaze effect was worth the extra time.
I hope you enjoyed the photos, and I should have more to post in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment