Monday, December 20, 2010

December 2010 Pottery Pics #1

Hi Everyone! It has been a while since I've posted... shame on me! So thought I'd start again with some recent photos of some of the pots that came out of the kiln today.

Here is a coffee mug made based upon a customer request. It has the "Charlie Brown' style of band around the center, along with an interesting shape for the handle.

The next photo shows some of the detail carved onto a fluted bowl. I call these carvings "wheat carvings", although they probably more closely resemble weeds instead! Ha ha.

Here is a photo of the fluted bowl showing the undulating rim.

I also recently made a mid-size platter for another customer... I hope she likes it!

Below is a large platter. I really like the combination of the blue and the red for the "world" look it gives.

I'll try to share some more pottery photos in the next few days. I hope you enjoyed these, and please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, feedback regarding the pottery.
Thanks!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Charlie Brown Cup's .. love them . Sometimes I think of myself as Him .
    The floted Bowl is great .. even though it's full of Grass .
    Good work as always Carl .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ! welcome back to the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Arnold and Najwa for posting comments. Glad you like the Charlie Brown cup, Arnold - it is a fun one (although tricky to glaze). And thank you for the warm welcome back, Najwa. :)

    ReplyDelete