Friday, June 5, 2009

Some glazed pots


This stippled bowl is covered with an iron red glaze.


This bowl has white and green glazes layered on the inside.


The outside is stippled and layered with black and a green glaze that turns blue when layered over the black glaze.


The stippling on this vase took me an hour of carving, but the effect is worth it!



A mint-green jewelry box.



This bowl has two layers of glazes that crack apart and peel when drying, giving this interesting result.




This is a very large covered jar that barely fit into my kiln for height. I used 8 glazes on the outside to color it with some very good results. To hold the jar while glazing, I inserted my arm into it almost up to my elbow.
One of my nieces has a high school graduation celebration this weekend, so I look forward to seeing most of my siblings there. Her dad (my brother Steve) is the one who raises the hormone-free beef we get each year.
Li is still writing to me. She may try to get an online email account so we can send emails directly to each other. Right now we are still using EMFs, and then I'm sending photos to her via one of her friend's email address. It sounds like Li will be moving back home to work in her family's store soon, so she will need to sell her shop in Nanning, then move her belongings. The last time I moved it was a TON of work. Hopefully it will go smoothly for her.

If my luck holds, the weather will be good at the farmers market tomorrow morning for selling some more pottery. I'm looking forward to setting up the booth at one of the art fairs this month. Today I ordered up some metal weights from a local metal fabricator to help secure the booth and keep it in place. They are 50 lbs each, and I will use at least one for each leg of the canopy - two for each leg if it is windy.

















































































































2 comments:

  1. Carl , you have some very nice pieces there . Hope you do well and selling most of them .

    Gald you still write Li , staying at least Friends makes it less painful for both of you . Who know's , maybe some day .... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really interesting pieces. Very artistic. I enjoy seeing your hard work. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete