Monday, June 21, 2010

Some June pottery pics

Hi Everyone!
Here are a number of photos from one of the firings I did in June. I will try to post more when I have time, as we are keeping very busy now trying to get things ready for some of the art shows. I hope you enjoy the pottery photos!

The above photos shows some of the warm pottery as it is coming out of the kiln. I heated the kiln to around 2230 degrees F, so it takes a while for it to cool down. I usually allow about 24 hours for it to cool enough to handle the pottery.

Here is the results of the firing stacked on the larger kiln, although this load came from my smaller kiln. It has a nice vent system so that the heat is sent outside instead of into the house. In the summer, this sure helps in keeping the house cooler!

Here is a fancy bowl with carving for a decorative effect.

This large cone vase has many glazes on it to help give it a very bright feel.

The above cone vase is about the same size as the colorful one, but doesn't have the stablizing foot... this one may be difficult to sell and will probably just be added to my own collection instead.

This Asian frog vase still needs the flower frog to be glued into the bottom. It is a great way to display single stem flowers like orchids or lilies since the flower frog holds the stem of the flower straight.


I call this shape a "square bowl". I really like the shape and hope to make more of them soon.

This mug has a plant carved into the sides. Then a dark green glaze was used to highlight the carving, then dipped in a lighter green glaze.

Another mug using some newer glazes. Coffee anyone? :D

This medium-sized bowl has carving on the outside similar to some early 1900 pottery I found on the internet. Just had to try it myself! LOL.

Here's another look at one of the cone vases. I wanted to take a portrait oriented photo to see if it displayed the piece better.
Feel free to post your comments and constructive criticisms. I hope you enjoyed the pictures!
Carl

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Martin! I'm glad you like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nice Carl ! Like them Vase's the most . Hope your Art is selling good and keeping you busy .

    ReplyDelete