Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gallery Show and Pie

Hi Again! Since it had been a while since I last blogged, it seemed like a good idea to update it with some photos. The following photo is of my two cats waiting patiently for me in the living room. Or maybe not so patiently! LOL.

My pottery partner, Ning, and I got our photo taken for the local newspaper article about our Art Center gallery pottery exhibit. Does that make us celebrities now? :D Our exhibit ran for the month of September, and we had an artist reception at the end of the exhibit. It was our first exhibit... hopefully we will get to do some more, either individually or as partners.

Here is another photo we took for the paper, but they used the one above for the article. This one shows the grape vines in my back yard as a backdrop for the photo.

I was hungry for some rhubarb pie, and since some friends of mine let me pick some rhubarb from their patch... well, let's just say that the pie was awesome! I make the crusts by hand from scratch, and I use butter in the recipe.

Here it is going into the oven, along with some of the cinnamon/sugar covered crust pieces that were left over. They are good too... kind of like a cookie.

And here is the results... my favorite pie, followed closely by banana meringue.


I got a new kiln this past week - well, a used kiln, but new to me. I'll post another blog entry about it soon.
By the way, I tried to share the pie with my friends, but they weren't home. So guess who got to eat it all? Yes, that's right... ME! It was fanastic! I'll have to make another one sometime to share with my friends.

3 comments:

  1. Boy ... Carl , my mouth is just watering looking at that Pie . Where I live , nobody likes Rhubarb Pie and it happens to be my favorite Pie also . But of course never made my own . hahaha
    I thought your Kiln was good for baking Pie's too . I hear they are pretty fast when it comes to Pie's .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is he a celebrity...but a celebrity that makes pie. When does the pie making blog get started? You will be busy with two blogs on the go! haha

    Great blogging Carl. And I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arnold! Yes, the pies bake VERY fast in the kiln at 2230 degrees F... makes them extra crispy too! Hope you like your rhubarb well done... haha. Seems that rhubarb is fairly common in this area since it is a cool weather plant. Sure wish I had a big patch of it in my own yard, but it doesn't seem to do very well where I currently have it planted. I may try transplanting some next year to under the edge of a shade tree... maybe that will help it grow better.

    Hmm... Martin has a good idea there... a pie blog. May have trouble keeping all the drool off the keyboard though! ;D

    ReplyDelete