Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Latest kiln load and art fair sale

Hi Everyone! It has been a while since I've last posted to this blog... sorry for the long delay. I've been getting lots of things ready for an art fair in our local town. The two-day sale went well, and we got to meet lots of great artists and art lovers. The following photos are mostly of one of my recent glaze firings. Opening the kiln after a firing is the best part of making pottery!

The above photo shows the top shelves.


Here's a look at the second layer of pots in the kiln.


And here is the bottom layer of pottery.


A closer look at a porcelain bowl.


A jewerly box figurine.


Another multi-color porcelain bowl.


Some wine glasses made thrown from a single lump of clay.


I like the glaze and stripes on this piece.


Some pottery being inspected while it is cooling a little more.


A pair of porcelain tumblers. (Already sold)


Porcelain bowl and tumbler. (Also sold)


More wine glasses.


A better look at the first wine glasses.


Seasoning shakers made from porcelain.


The lines on these two porcelain shakers are actually inlaid colored clay. The one on the left is the bare porcelain without glaze, while the one on the right has a clear glaze over it.


More porcelain shakers.


More porcelain shaker with inlaid colored clay drawings.


The shaker on the left is for cinnamon, and the shaker on the right is for paprika.


A view of our booth at the art fair.


The tomotoes are coming along on the plant in my yard. Can't wait until they are ripe enough to put on a hamburger and eat! Very delicious! :D


My two cats checking out the catnip by the grape vines in my yard.














4 comments:

  1. These are some very nice pictures Carl. Nice to see you are still posting to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) The little turtle porcelain would go well in China as they like having little turtle pets

    2) Those wine glasses look like the ancient Roman Empiretime period. I bet you could reproduce Qing Dynasty replicas

    3) Those cats would be prize catches in China. Don't ever bring them for a visit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Cat's do look good , don't they ?
    With tomato slices fresh from the Vine , yammy .
    Nice work Carl , my late Wife and I loved Art Shows . Alway's found them very interesting , many different Idea's People come up with .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Martin... still posting, but a little slow. I'll try to do better in the future to post more regularly.

    Chong, the great news about my turtle is he doesn't eat much. Haha. I think I need to see some Qing Dynasty wine glasses... might be fun to try to make some like them. And no, I don't plan to bring my cats to China for fear that some old Chinese cook will be chasing them down the street yelling "Chop chop!".

    I'm glad to hear that you and your late wife enjoyed the art shows, Arnold. It is nice to know people appreciate the arts, and the time and effort that goes into making things. I'm still trying to keep most of my art functional, as it seems that is more desired here in the Midwest.

    Xie xie to all of you for your kind comments... well, except for salivating over my cats! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete