Sunday, June 6, 2010

Catching up on pottery photos #1

Hi Everyone! Here are a bunch of photos of some of the recent clay projects happening in my studio. I hope you enjoy them. Feel free to post comments, suggestions, and constructive criticisms.


Below shows the warm kiln after it was first opened.


Looks like most things turned out well.... that's a good sign!

Unloading the kiln.

A nice pitcher.

Another layer in the kiln as the unloading progresses.

The photo studio shots of pottery follow:

Pitcher

Mid-sized platter with decorative stripes.

Decorative wall pockets.

These two were covered with a glaze called Robin's Egg.

A couple more wall pockets.

And two wall sconces to match.

A fancy small porcelain bowl with decorative carving.

A set of two small bowls.

Another bowl decorated in a similar manner.

A night stand water jar with lid/sipping cup.

A test piece - checking out a glaze combination.

A shallow porcelain bowl with Light Rust glaze.

A fancy small plate.

A slab rolled porcelain vase.

Another night stand water jar with decorative carving.

Two Asian frog vases... the flower frogs get glued in later.

Two small carved tumblers.

A large decorated wall pocket.

A small pitcher with inlaid glaze in the carving.

My first porcelain basket... sold at a show a few weeks back.

Another night stand water jar with cup/lid.

Three tall porcelain slab handbuilt vases.

I hope you enjoyed the pics! I will be posting more soon... still trying to catch up with posting all the photos I've taken recently.

Have fun and best wishes!

Carl

4 comments:

  1. Great looking work Carl. I can't really say which is the one I like best, as I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pottery looks great, and you've photographed them very beautifully too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha .. thanks Carl for telling me I'm too kind . Even though I have yet to comment here . I know , Martin calls himself
    " Arnold " on certain occasion's , so I can see how this might have not been a mistake on your part .

    Anyway , I also think .. your very Talented with what you do . Thanks for the always inside look of things .

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mistake Martin and Arnold! That's what I get for trying to look at my blog comments late at night. I apologize for getting the names mixed up. I should remember... Arnold is the one with hair. ;) hehe. Glad that you both enjoyed the pottery pics.

    And thank you too, Najwa, for posting a comment. I'm glad you enjoy them!!! :D

    ReplyDelete