Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 2010 Pottery

Hi Everyone!

I have certainly been lax in updating my blog lately... but hey, I'm back at it again. :D So here are a few photos of my cat who has been recovering from some breathing/lung issues and is recovering nicely, along with some photos of some recent pottery.






Large cannister made from slabs of clay.

A closer look at some of the texturing on the cannister.


With lid removed.



Cracked-surface spirals on a large globular vase.


Detailed look at some of the surface.

Another cracked-surface vase with green and black glaze drizzles.

6 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad Carl , mine isn't exactly a daily happening either . haha
    But it is alway's nice to see a breather from you here and there . I guess work does keep you busy or the Cat does ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work Carl. And wow, that clay cat sure does look life like! hahahaha (just kidding)

    It is good to see you post on here, and show off your great skills. I enjoy coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ! Its good to see your post again ! Your pottery looks amazing as always,I love the nature colors you've used. And I must say, your cat is just so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Arnold, Martin, and Najwa. You are all very kind to say nice things. Yes, my cat IS adorable... ha ha. I had better not tell him that or perhaps his ego will get too big. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the pieces... I would enjoy answering them if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes cats have BIG egos.. unlike my the ego my cat has.. poor cat haha. he's just too good.

    btw, your pottery is amaaazing!!! we have lots of such stuff here in Pakistan, but seeing you are not here, it really is worthy of special appreciation!

    ReplyDelete