Monday, October 5, 2009

Pottery and Stir Fry

Not sure how often I will be able to blog, but I will try to keep it up for a few days. I'm very busy with my job installing communications equipment for a phone company, and also trying to make a bunch of pottery.

Here are some photos of things made a little while back. I hope some of them interest you.

This is my first snail. I think I need to work on the design a little perhaps, but he/she is still interesting nonetheless.

Have you ever eaten soft boiled eggs? Well, these are the egg cups to be used to eat them. I made some for a customer, and I need to make some more of them, as she wants to give them as gifts to some relatives of hers.

I made 3 pairs of them so that she would have some to choose from. She took 2 of the pairs, and I need to make 6 more pairs of them for the gifts.

They are not terribly difficult to make per se, but certainly it can be a challenge working with so little clay. I think I used 4 ounces for each of these, if I recall correctly.

The photo below shows our pottery setup in our canopy in August for an art sale in Rochester, Minnesota.

It seems I need to buy a wok somewhere, as my version of stir fry never fits in the super large fry pan very well. I use a gas stove to cook, so if I can find a wok that sits on the burner supports correctly, it would help me a lot with my stir fry cooking. Makes for a colorful photo with all the veggie colors in there, doesn't it?

Another kiln loaded and ready to be fired.

I unloaded a bisque kiln this evening and put wax resist on the bottoms of those pots so that they will be ready to glaze tomorrow. I'm hoping I can get enough done to fire a kiln load of glazed pots soon. Time is running short, as I have a bunch of bookwork to be done, as well as more work for the phone company, and the pottery sale is Fri, Sat, Sun this weekend. Feels like I need to clone myself some days! LOL.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that snail. It is cute!

    Now tell me, you don't seriously eat all that stir fry in one meal do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin, that pan holds enough stir fry to last me for 5 meals (at least)! It seems I just don't know how to make a smaller batch. I'd like to try using a wok some time to see if it helps with stir frying. Very hard to stir in the flat-bottomed pan without spilling everything over the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man , I can smell that Stir-fry over here and it's been six day's already . haha
    Talking about Wok's , my late Wife had two and the last time I thought about them , I coud not find them anywhere . I think she gave them to some of her Kids ? These Wok's , don't come with Leg's .. or do they ?

    Nice Egg holder's Carl . I can't remember when I had a soft boiled Egg last . It must be 30 year's or more and I used to Love them . I think I try again to make them myself . I think a hard boiled Egg is seven minutes and a soft boiled is three min. Is that right Carl ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may be right about the time for the soft boiled eggs, Arnold. Isn't that why they have a three minute egg timer? Not sure, but it does make sense.

    ReplyDelete